Posted On: November 7th, 2022
|Name of CSO
||Women Recycling Bhutan
||Bumthang, Chukha, Dagana, Paro, Thimphu, Trongsa
Objectives of the project
- To advocate women’s participation in community decision-making processes like Chiwog Zomdus, and community involvement avenues like Farm Road User Groups, Water User Associations, Gewog Tshogde, and Dzongkhag Tshogdu.
- To strengthen collective voices, and create a network amongst women’s recycling organizations in project sites.
- Educate women about the planning and budgeting procedures used by the local government and bring up the topic and concerns affecting women in meetings.
- To promote knowledge exchange, share women’s success stories, and replicate best practices.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries
- 615 vulnerable women from 20 groups from identified Dzongkhags at Dagana, Chukha, Trongsa, Thimphu, Paro, and Bumthang.
- Through increased participation in the development and decision-making processes, the cause of women is collectively addressed.
- Women’s groups enhanced their collective voices through the establishment of networks among women groups.
- Women increased their level of economic empowerment, lessened inequality, and climb the social and economic ladder.
- Awareness workshop on community engagement and decision-making process (village meetings, Chiwog Zomdus and Gewog Tshogde).
- Training on women’s participation in inclusive planning, budgeting implementation, and monitoring of local plans.
- Establish a network among women recyclers groups.
- Knowledge sharing and peer-learning exchange program.
- Replicate best practices of women’s success stories in the area of waste recycling and participation in community development.
- Documentation of success stories, publishing advocacy materials, and disseminating communication materials on women empowerment topics.