Posted On: November 7th, 2022
|Name of CSO
||Journalists’ Association of Bhutan
||Bumthang, Paro, Samdrup Jongkhar, Thimphu, Trashigang, Wangdue Phodrang
Objectives of the project
- To empower vulnerable Bhutanese groups so that they may protect themselves with knowledge, and identify and combat disinformation with digital tools.
- To build JAB’s capacity to fact-check which will in turn lead to the creation of tools and information to combat misinformation and disinformation.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries
- Journalists, local government, and youth.
- Students and Local governments acquire skills to Combat Misinformation & Disinformation. Increasing skills to combat misinformation and disinformation
- The sustainable fact-checking mechanism through the launching of the Bhutan Fact-Check Website and releasing Honorarium/ Fee for Fact-Checks.
- Combating disinformation workshop in schools.
- Combating disinformation workshop for LG leaders.
- Launch Bhutan Fact-Check Website.
- Honorarium/ Fee for Fact-Checks.