Posted On: October 31st, 2019
Title of the project Menchuna Tumeric Farm
Location of the project Kikhorthang gewog, Tsirang Dzongkhag
Name of the applicants Menchuna Agraculture Group (Mr. Kishor Chapagai – Co-applicant)
Duration of the project 12 months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu/EURO) Nu. 1,130,000.00
Objectives of the project
- To increase/enhance farmers income specially women through turmeric production.
- To develop capacity of farmers by advocating on importance of turmeric production and its value in the market.
- To generate employment for women youths in project area
- Up scaling turmeric marketing for the benefit of the farmers.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries The Menchuna agriculture group, other communities, local government, agriculture extension personal etc…
- To increase/ enhance farmers income through turmeric production especially female and young farmers.
- Should be able to create sustainable social enterprise
- Should be able to generate employment opportunities for the women and youths in the project area.
- Purchase of working tools, gadgets, ploughing machines and processing machine
- Purchase of clean hybrid seeds for the better production of turmeric
- Awareness meeting and recruitment of new members if they are willing to join
- Capacity building for members on production, management and post-harvest technologies
- Awareness training on benefits of turmeric plantation to other groups within and outside Dzongkhag
- Linkage with other groups and market networking