Posted On: May 17th, 2019
Title of the Project Socio Economic empowerment initiatives for sustainable management and marketing of NWFPs
Location of the project Samtse
Name of the applicant NWFP Management Group, Namseling, Sangacholing Gewog,
Duration of the project 18 Months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu/ EUR) Nu 2,098,750.00
Objectives of the project
- Sustainable harvesting of NWFPs
- Development of Post-harvest techniques
- Marketing & Trade
- Women & youth empowerment on sustainable resource management
- Skill & capacity development of NWFPs
- Strengthen good governance of NWFP group
Target groups/ final beneficiaries NWFP group members from 22 households
- Socio-economic empowerment on sustainable resource management and marketing of NWFPs for improvement of rural livelihood.
- Improved NWFP processing technology and processing techniques.
- Capacity on the NWFP Group members enhanced.
- Strengthened governance of NWFP Group.
- Group coordination meetings
- In country study visit
- Ex country study visit
- Propagation and plantation
- Processing technology
- Post-harvest technology
- Develop marketing strategy
- Procure basic equipment
- Book and record keeping training
- Training on value chain development
- Awareness training on governance