Posted On: September 26th, 2018
Title of the Project: Develop community action plan to control kidney related diseases through prevention programme contributing towards sustainable development.
Location of the project
Name of the applicant: Bhutan Kidney Foundation
Duration of the project: 12 months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu/ EUR): Nu. 1,779,400.00
Objectives of the project:
- To emphasis the need for community engagement in combating kidney disease.
- Induce behavioral change for the promotion of healthy and happy community;
- Target groups/ final beneficiaries Kidney patients, families
- Introduced weekly educational session (documentary film) on kidney health in schools.
- Established community networks for timely action on affordable prevention measures.
- Increased awareness and people’s access to health services.
- Production of short animation film.
- 2 Establish network with Health
- Coordinators of schools.
- Capacity building for health club coordinators.
- Distribution of documentaries soft copies.
- Institute weekly session on kidney health in school.
- Formation of network groups.
- Capacity building for the network coordinators.
- Procurement of health equipment for pre-screening.
- Develop educational/informative standees (Both in Dzongkha & English)
- Schedule awareness programme.
- Conduct awareness in Dzongkhags and Gewogs identified.