Posted On: October 8th, 2018
Title of the Project: Production of Gliricidia leaf meal (supplement feed for dairy cows and poultry birds)
Location of the project: Sarpang Dzongkhag (Geog – Dekiling)
Name of the applicant: Kuenchap Loday (Executive BD)
Duration of the project: 12 months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu/ EUR): Nu.; 1,000,040.00
Objectives of the project:
- Making rural women capable into taking up economic activity with the sense of responsible mentor in the family and society in income generation.
- To substitute soya bean for poultry feed formulation in feed mills and reduced the import and make the commercial feed cheaper.
- Making accessible for cheaper feed supplement to the dairy farmers.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries:
Rural women with marginal income generation and the communities of 16 group members are the direct beneficiary from the proposed project.
- A dryer shed is constructed in a GRF land.
- The relevant machinery and materials are in place
- The group members can process and produce leguminous leaf meals
- Product awareness carried out and developed strategic marketing
- The group members acquired skills on leaf meal production technology
- Enhance the individual income generation and group saving
- Women stands at the fore front in taking up economic activities
- Main activities Construction of dyer structure with electrification &chain link surrounding fencing.
- Training and demonstration on leaf making meals
- Procurement of gliricidica grinder machine and accessories
- Product awareness
- Full production of leaf meals