Posted On: September 28th, 2018
Title of the Project: Up Scaling the existing beekeeping for income generation and for strategy environment conservation
Location of the project: Bumthang Dzongkhag, Ura Gewog, Shingyer village.
Name of the applicant: Shingyer Beekeeping Group
Duration of the project: 12 months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu): Nu 880,200.00
Objectives of the project:
- To increase honey production and beekeeping products
- To conserve the environment
- To increase community income and self employment
Target groups/ final beneficiaries: 33 members
Estimated results: Result of project are;
- The existing member of bee group will be aware on advance beekeeping management and Increase the amount of honey harvesting by group members from 15 liters per hive to 30 liter per modern beehive. Thus increase community income and self employment.
- Environment conservation through tree planting as the group will plant 100 trees in deforested area
- The group will have availability to processed their own honey rather than taking to BEKAAB Office at chamkhar.
- Increased participation of women in beekeeping.
- Training on advance beekeeping
- Business training on packaging and marketing product
- Training on Honey Processing and wax formation training
- Community awareness on benefit of beekeeping
- Installment and Procurement of honey processing equipment
- Procurement of Honey Hives for new introduce member