Posted On: November 7th, 2022
|Name of CSO
||Lhak-Sam (Bhutan Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS)
Objectives of the project
- To pretest the feasibility of youth engagement, empowerment, and leadership in addressing risky sexual behaviors in nomadic communities.
- To develop a simple, relevant, and sustainable STI intervention program best suited for a nomadic lifestyle.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries
- Developed local STI prevention intervention strategies by engaging and empowering young men and women from the community and by assessing risky behavior.
- Young men and women are made aware of risky sexual behaviors and their roles, responsibilities, and accountability in the prevention program.
- Capacity and leadership role of young men and women enhanced.
- Intervention activities implemented & assessed.
- Desktop and literature review on STI/HIV prevention, cultural norms, and youth engagement.
- Community consultation, rapid assessment &; focus group discussion relating to STI.
- Formulation of information and education materials on STI/HIV.
- Development &; finalization of capacity building, leadership, and young people engagement program for STI/HIV prevention.
- Implementation of STI prevention activities which include meaningful engagement of the young people, empowerment, and leadership enhancement.
- Ongoing monitoring of the activities and evaluation of the program end goals.
- Finalization and presentation of the report to MOH and Helvetas.