Posted On: November 7th, 2022
|Name of CSO
|Lhak-Sam, Chithuen Phenday Association, Pride Bhutan, Red Purse Network, QVOB, CRBS
|Bumthang, Chukha, Paro
Objectives of the project
- In the 1st quarter of the project implementation period, carry out 1 training workshop for 25 KAPs from five KP-led networks/organizations in the country on Policy Advocacy using the HELVETAS DEVELOPED ADVOCACY TOOLBOX.
- In the 2nd quarter, and at the beginning of the 4th quarter of the project period using the knowledge gained from the training workshop, plan and carry out 2 evidence-based Policy Advocacy meetings with the policymakers/parliamentarians, and relevant partners, to seek a desired improvement and change in the policy, practices, and legislation affecting KAPs in Bhutan.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries
- Key affected populations (sex workers, drug users, SOGIESC, and PLHIV communities).
- One Advocacy Strategy was designed and implemented.
- 25 KAPs participated in the policy advocacy training workshop, of which 10 became proficient in designing and carrying out future evidence-based policy advocacy, ensuring the in-house capacity.
- The evidence-based policy advocacy embedded sudden concern and an instant feeling among the policymakers and partners to collaborate on addressing the issues faced by the KAPs in Bhutan.
- Formulation of a detailed project work plan, approach, and methodology.
- Draw a ToR, and hire a consultant to design the policy advocacy training workshop based on Helvetas’s Developed Policy Advocacy Toolbox, and to facilitate the training workshop.
- Conduct the policy advocacy training workshop among the 25 KAPs in Bhutan.
- Organize 2 evidence-based policy advocacy meetings with the policymakers and relevant partners in the country.
- M & E.
- Submission of a detailed report (narrative and financial).