Posted On: October 17th, 2019
Title of the project Enhance capacity of CBO through exchange of experience & capacity development on circular economy
Location of the project Sarpang, Samtse and S/Jongkhar
Name of the applicants Clean Bhutan
Duration of the project 12 months
Total Cost of the project (in Nu/EURO) NU. 2,681,065
Objectives of the project To strengthen relation by sharing experience & capacity development between CSO and four CBOs for the sustainability of its organizations and maintaining sustainable consumption lifestyles at local level communities
Target groups/ final beneficiaries Communities and Government agencies
- A total number of 100 women and youth from the four CBOs, will be trained in weaving baskets, bags and other products out of plastic waste and tetra pak as part of circular economy practices.
- Participants will be trained on urban composing out of the organic waste generated from their community and later that can be used for commercial purpose or community use.
- Proper sensitize on waste management will be held to achieve zero waste at their community and to reduce waste at source.
- After the compilation of project CBO group will have capacity on skill development training on weaving different products out of plastic and tetra Pak waste.
- During the entire training program, a total of 800kgs of plastic waste, 1,000kg od tetra Pak, 500kg of organic waste will be used for training purpose and saving from going to landfill.
- More than 500 family members from four community’s area will be educated on waste management.
- In the long run, the project will be a win-win situation. More women and youth will be self-employed through shared knowledge, which will further reduce several thousand metric tons of plastic waste, tetra Pac and organic waste from going to landfill.
- Consultative meeting with the relevant stakeholders
- Advocacy on importance of proper management of individual waste, waste management, individual responsibility on waste management, ways to reduce waste at source and importance of upcycling of waste
- Capacity building on product and skills development.
- Capacity building to individuals to enhance value chain development.
- Distribution of secondary resource collection
- Production of videos for media coverage.