Posted On: November 7th, 2022
|Name of CSO
||Haa, Samtse, Trongsa
Objectives of the project
- To Increase awareness and knowledge among the youth and women about their legal rights through capacity –development and participatory awareness programs.
- To promote a culture for the participation of the youth and women in development planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of existing development programs in their areas.
- To strengthen the capacity of local leaders through training in a human rights-based approach to programming to enhance the delivery of quality services and engagement of communities.
Target groups/ final beneficiaries
- Community members; women, youth, men, differently abled members, and the third gender.
- The community members especially youth and women are aware of their rights and potential power to influence change.
- The community members can engage in policy dialogues with elected leaders and government agencies.
- Policy briefs are documented and shared with the elected leaders and government agencies for initiating policy changes on specific subject matters.
- Local leaders’ awareness and skills in engaging community members in the planning process are enhanced.
- Conduct consultation workshops with the communities.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions (FGD) with the Youth members in the communities.
- Conduct consultation with the elected leaders and relevant government agencies on the planning processes and engagement of communities/ youth, and women.
- Create Awareness of Local Development Planning Processes and the Local Government Act.
- Awareness of the Human Rights Based Approach to Development to the communities.
- Train Youth and Women members of the communities on communication, problem-solving & decision-making, and time & stress management leadership.
- Train the Members on identifying issues, prioritizing and presenting them to the local leaders.
- Train the Members on Social Accountability and Social Auditing.
- Prepare policy briefs/ documents based on the consultation meetings and training.
- Organize dialogue among the representatives of the communities, and relevant government agencies.
- Document and share the outcome of the dialogue with the elected leaders, relevant government agencies, and CSOs.